Painted tiles, oil and flies!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Several months ago I painted the ceramic tiles in my bathroom using Zinsser bullseye 123 water based primer, followed by two coats Zinsser perma white interior eggshell. It's solid and held up perfectly almost everywhere, including where it's constantly saturated by the shower. There are two areas where it's failed, which is on a ledge where the tiles are also painted and bottles, shampoo, etc. is kept, and the worst area is the window head. The window head is the worst, with the paint badly cracked and it moves/slides when touched. It also feels oily and tiny little gnat type flies have stuck to it. The two reveals and cill are fine however.

Why does it do this, I can think only that the steam from the bath is rising up and becoming trapped there? Is there a different type of paint I could use that will be unaffected by moisture (even though the perma white claims to be)?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back