painting a beach side timber property

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which paint would you recommend for the exterior woodwork of a beach side property that comes in a good range of tradional ' seaside ' colours ?
Been told Sadolin Superdec is best but the colour range is just not right.

Sponsored Links
Well hello alker, it's nice to make your acquaintance.

Please don't feel the need to waste any unnecessary words of introduction or politeness, the people here won't notice, they/we are only builders/DIY'ers and the like, just waiting to serve you and then be put back in the box so any social pleasantries would be a waste of your undoubtedly valuable time.

Oh, and by the way, do you mind if we use the gracious and eloquent words of your parting as a "Master-Class" so that other newbies know how to approach the matter in future ?

96777.jpg

Harsh,

but true! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well hello alker, it's nice to make your acquaintance.

Please don't feel the need to waste any unnecessary words of introduction or politeness, the people here won't notice, they/we are only builders/DIY'ers and the like, just waiting to serve you and then be put back in the box so any social pleasantries would be a waste of your undoubtedly valuable time.

Oh, and by the way, do you mind if we use the gracious and eloquent words of your parting as a "Master-Class" so that other newbies know how to approach the matter in future ?

Mutley_laughing.gif

My apologies. Being new to this I didn't fully grasp the concept of how the site worked. I took it more as an advice line than a full open forum.
Reading back I appreciate my question did come across as rather abrupt and didn't intend any offence. :oops: :arrow:

Do you mean timber trim painting or wood stain for cladding etc? Probably best to ask in the decorating section tbh.

Bit harsh that :LOL: 'fraid I don't know either though, so I'll not waste anymore of your time :D

No Worries ;) I thought something had been deleted - you should see the plumbing forum :LOL: . Zinsser paint products might be worth a look - they are stainable , apparently - and being from USA they have a lot of timber houses there :idea:

No need to apologise Alker. I feel MW was a little OTT.

You could try contacting the various companies directly and ask what would be best for harsh conditions. As mentioned, Zinsser, Sadolin, Sikkens, Holkham to name but a few. But for the best advice, why not ask boat owners what they paint their boats with?

Thanks. The Holkham Linseed paint range looks very interesting and available in just the right colour shades we were looking for. Has anyone ever used their products b4 and could vouch for them though ?

Not used them , but did use Lead based linseed oil paints before they became non - P.C :eek: Bit more working to get them on / don`t do in full sun etc. Old Skool is Good .I think you will do well with those Lin. Oil paints. They may weather down really nicely too. Good Luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back