painting a new gge conversion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, a freind has got a newly plastered garage conversion. Ive offered to paint it for him?? I thought id try thinning the matt emulsion down and spraying it over the fresh plaster as a mist coat? walls & ceiling. then spray around the awkward bits and roller the main sections with a second coat. a freind told me Beaver emulsion is best quality /coverage. how long before recoating ? could I finish the whole job in a long day, glossing skirts&arch`s ,doors last? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Far easier to thin first coat down about 20%, get a mist coat on. This will dry quite quickly. Use a 3 " brush to cut in the walls to the ceiling and woodwork and then roll the remainder, or do it the other way round if you prefer. is the woodwork raw or is it undercoated. is there a wooden window or upvc ? how many doors. Take to long to set up the spray and mask up whatever was needed. You could have it done while your messing with the spray. Never heard of Beaver emulsion i have to say. Better with gliddens, made by ICI.

thanx , only 2 paneled doors skirts,&arc`s, 1x window cill, seem to be grey primed except cill :eek: thought id spray the ceiling/coving ist. then cot the walls, then prep the woodwork. mask woodwork .spray awkward bits(corners, round lights,plugs,) then roller ceiling .white, then roller walls magnolia. Dont know if a single coat will do? if one cot does it then just gloss the wood jobs a gooden. If i prep the cill whats the best/quickest way to undercoat/prime for the gloss? ;)

For speed you would be better using an acrylic undercoat, (waterbased) this will dry inabout 30 mins to an hour depending on warmth in room. Still be quicker with the roller rather than all that masking up. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
ALL DONE! STARTED @8AM, PREPPED AND MIST COATED CEILING,WALLS BY 11. 2 X SPRAY GROSS COATS ON CEILING, "GOD THAT MADE MY ARMS ACHE!!"2 COATS ON WALLS, UNMASK. PREP WOOD & PRIME , GLOSS OVER & CUT IN EDGES. CLEAR UP FINISHED @7PM.......PHEW!!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back