Painting a Patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any experience of painting a patio. I have a serviceable patio made of those heavy duty council style grey concrete conglomorate slabs, I want to paint them a more appealing colour. What kind of paint should I use to provide for wear? and where can I get it. Hopefully this will be a lot easier and cost effective. Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Just for the fun of it I painted some cheap garden concrete paving slabs with green cuprinol fencecare. They are set in gravel next to green wooden edging and they complement each other very nicely. When slabs weather they can start to look messy so the weather proofing of the fencecare stops that and only takes a minute to touch up if worn and will always look the same. I am going to try a stone paint next time to see what effects I can get.
Anyway have fun with these ideas. ;)

I've seen paint in B&Q that was intended for concrete floors, this might be what you need. Can't remember what it was called, think it might have been 'garage paint' or something

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back