Painting bargeboards and fascias - advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved to a place where the exterior woodwork is poor but not rotten. It has been treated with sadolin and something else put on top which is peeling. I'm in the process of sanding it all down thoroughly and am back to the bare wood in places on the south facing wall.
I intend to prime the bare wood, then use Dulux satin self-undercoating exterior paint [2-3 coats] as I do not want a gloss finish.....

anyone forsee any problems doing this? am I doing it right?

Sponsored Links
If i were u "quatro" what i would do is, apply an coat of Zamix Coverseal, then i would apply two coats of Dulux Trade Exterior Weathershield Aquatech Opaque Woodstain. Also, i would use the colour called Spanish Brown as it looks like good as stained wood.

What he said...or you could try Sadolin superdec opaque woodstain..you dont need a primer as such as you are painting over existing stain anyway.

Whatever you use make sure you give it a good rub-a-bub first.

Sponsored Links
This aint normal lads, all this agreeing stuff. Just aint normal i say :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back