Painting boxing in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm planning to paint a couple of walls in my kitchen. However there are 2 areas of boxed in pipes and I want to paint the lot in one colour. Can I use a white water based satin (for wood) on the boxing in and then apply my coloured matt emulsion over it? Or would a coat of white matt emulsion straight onto the boxing in work, followed by the colour? Whatever I do I will sand the boxing in first.

Here are 2 photos to see what I'm talking about :D

STA40174.jpg

STA40173-1.jpg

Thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
You should give it a coat of oil based undercoat, this will stop any marks bleeding through and a good base for the emulsion

Andy

the option here is to apply an oil based undercoat to seal in any metal parts as the water based emulsion would start any nail or screw heads rusting. you can then apply emulsion over the top.

preparation is vital so good filling and sanding is a must.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the very quick replies :)

I'll do that then, I think i've got some oil based undercoat in the house somewhere!

Thanks again.

Phil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back