Painting exterior walls on a commercial building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I am looking for some advice on painting the outside of my industrial unit.

It is a concrete building that has never been painted.

I want to paint it white but am unsure what products I should be using.

Any help would be appreciated.
:D

Sponsored Links
Masonry Paint, either textured or smooth, I prefer Dulux Trade Masonry paint, it is very durable and long lasting compared to cheaper DIY brands.

You may think about "Quick Drying masonry paint" if the weather is doubtful, (expensive though)

If you knock off for the day (tea breaks etc) and havent finished painting the walls, aim to finish in a corner or where there is a down pipe/cable, this eliminates paint overlap lines showing when the job is done.

As its a first time paint, If the concrete blocks are very dusty or friable a Coat of Stablising solution should be applied first.

Just a point if its an industrial unit, is white going to be a good idea, it will show up dirt and grime very quickly, maybe an "Off" colour might be a better alternative.

Thanks for the reply

Your probably right on the color choice, an 'off' is probably best

Wont be doing the actual painting until the spring, there is a least a chance of a nice day

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back