Painting external cladding - bedec vs woodtech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to prepand paint the external wooden cladding on a mock tudor house
and am considering the following two products:

Bedec barn paint

Wood tec barn jacket

Reviews on both seem to be good but was wondering if anyone on here has used either and how they rate them in terms of protection, durability and coverage?

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've used Bedec barn paint, though not the standard white or black stuff. (Eucalyptus) It sprayed on easily and is easy to clean up (being water based) 5 years on, still looks good only the knots are showing through - but not in the usual resinous way. More like the aluminium based paint that went on prior to the bedec. Plus being blue, it shows up easily. Are your timbers rough sawn? Get in touch with Bedec to find what they recommend for knot treatment and how long you should wait if painting tanalised timber. I can also buy Beded from at least 3 different places locally.

I can't comment on Wood Tec, no experience with it

Nozzle

I've used Bedec barn paint, though not the standard white or black stuff. (Eucalyptus) It sprayed on easily and is easy to clean up (being water based) 5 years on, still looks good only the knots are showing through - but not in the usual resinous way. More like the aluminium based paint that went on prior to the bedec. Plus being blue, it shows up easily. Are your timbers rough sawn? Get in touch with Bedec to find what they recommend for knot treatment and how long you should wait if painting tanalised timber. I can also buy Beded from at least 3 different places locally.

I can't comment on Wood Tec, no experience with it

Nozzle

Thanks for the reply nozzle.

Yes its rough sawn so id need to find the score regarding knot treatment/prep

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back