Bathroom floor paint that is durable and at least water resistant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, been a while.

I'm looking for a floor paint for wooden floors that are in a bathroom. Something that is durable and can withstand drops of water.

We have old floor boards in our bathroom which, about seven years ago, we painted with Ronseal Diamond Hard floor paint. I followed the instructions exactly as on the tin, and within a few months it was flaking/getting stuck to feet etc. I'm not the only one to have experienced this; plenty of bad reviews on blogs and sites out there. I wonder if it's not suitable for bathrooms. Either way I won't be using that again.

I've sanded it all back this week and looking to repaint, but with another product. Could anyone recommend anything? I was contemplating a garage floor paint for durability and being oil based, but not sure if this is overkill.

Also any pointers on preparing the floor before painting, such as compatible primers etc, would be helpful :) Cheers

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the following

I would start by sanding the paint using 100-120 grit paper. If you sand thoroughly enough that should be all that is required (assuming that the paint is waterbased. If you only give it a light sand, you may need to use degreasing products after.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back