Painting knobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am purchasing some wooden knobs for my bedroom cupboards that have been painted eggshell white (and look very nice too)
I would like to paint these 15 knobs the same but am worried about runs etc.
Can anyone advise best way of going about it bearing in mind the knobs will be plain wood to start with.
:)

Sponsored Links
I always use a spray can for these thing and most importantly take your time, wait until the paint is completely dry before spraying again. On the last coat rub down lightly '00' steel wool before spraying final coat. Shake the can well to prevent any blobs. Might be a idea to use a thin timber with nail all the way thru' the timber and rest the door knob on top for hand free.

Thanks for the reply Masona but I think I will not do a very good job with a spray. :(
Will it do a better job than painting :?: (I have never used a spray can before and am worried about runs).
I'll have a go if you can give me some tips :oops:

I'm thinking the spray give a better finish although can be done with paint brush.

You can buy a small spray can and maybe a old door knob and have a go, nothing to lose and the only way to learn !

Spray very lightly and don't try to cover the door knob in one go, you're better off having 6 light coats instead of 2 thick coats

And spray it outside !

Some details about spraying, here

Sponsored Links
BAHCO said:
(I have never used a spray can before and am worried about runs]
try imodiem plus :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you can actualy by white solid knobs[plastic] for cupboards
up to about 40mm seen them in wicks i think

big all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back