Painting my house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi The walls of my house has been skimmed and I would like to painted now.

Would it be possible to give some advice how to proceeded;

I am planning to painted White and Magnolia shall I just paint straight away or shall I put some emulsion firts I don't have any idea how to do it but I am very interested in doing it for my selft.

Would be very greatful if you could give me some advice.

Many thanks
I have post it some photos of the walls to be painted please check it out

Sponsored Links
Assuming that this freshly rendered house it clean you can start attacking without the need to clean it first.

The usual first step would be to go over each wall and remove loose, flaking paint and repair any damage. Then you sugar soup the walls clean.

The next step is where you need to pick up the process - you then need to paint the whole house in stabilizer. This is essential to making painting easier, ensuring good coverage and most importantly stopping paint flaking off in a year or so.

Once the house has been stabilized and this is dry then get painting.

The best advice I can give you here is to not skimp on materials; you really do get what you pay for and cheep paint will give you a poor finish.

It’s not easy work.

Therms

PS there is a small window for painting houses. Summer is too hot and the glare from fresh paint is blinding. Too late in the season and the likelihood of rain is always the threat.

One last thing - get scaffolding, don’t work off a ladder

Sponsored Links
Hi The walls of my house has been skimmed and I would like to painted now.

Would it be possible to give some advice how to proceeded;

I am planning to painted White and Magnolia shall I just paint straight away or shall I put some emulsion firts I don't have any idea how to do it but I am very interested in doing it for my selft.

Would be very greatful if you could give me some advice.

Many thanks
I have post it some photos of the walls to be painted please check it out

Hi David,

Have you recently had your walls skimmed?

If so can I ask how much you paid and what sort of area worked on?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back