painting new plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: i have started painting in a new porch which was completed at the end of September so i have given it a good three months to dry, i have so far applied two coats of white emulsion on what looked like it was as smooth as glass, but there are patches that are eneven almost like bumps but not soft bumps more like you have two levels.
can anyone help what should i do can i correct it myself of do i need to call the builder back?

Sponsored Links
unfortunately not i just used white emulsion on do you know what i can do to correct it preferably to a smooth surface to repaint, without replastering, and thankyou for taking the time to help me when i have clearly mucked it up.
regards Vivien

I would sand the the surface of the paint down, so to remove any cracking, blister, flaky, peeling paint.
Hopefully what's left has taken, then prime wall with 20% water to paint mix.

Sponsored Links
:) thank you so much for your help, i will do what you suggest, maybe next time i will check how to do things first
kind regards Vivien

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back