Painting over pollyfilla

T05

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before giving my walls an undercoat, i had filled over a few holes and cracks. Two coats of white silk later, the white pollyfilla patches still show through. They are vauge, but still show.

I really don't want to take the risk of applying my final finish, only to find them still visable. Is there anything i can do before painting? Topcoat will be an ocean blue soft sheen. What do you think?

Sponsored Links
I had similar problems,apply unibond, let dry then paint, or if you dont want to buy unibond a few more coats of emulsion will eventually sort it

T05 said:
Silk as an undercoat...you must be f`kin joking :LOL: horrible stuff...use matt. :eek: I raed the post with my psychic vision :rolleyes: No dont go over it again..JUST NEVER use it anywhere, unless you`re a footballer/s wife :LOL: Zampa will prob. come up wi` a good idea :idea:

So, You suggest i go over my newly painted two coats of silk with white matt, for soft sheen as the final finish? *Sigh*

Isn't all this paint bad for the walls, or doesn't it matter how many coats your wall takes :confused:

Sponsored Links
Theres a few reasond you have problems with filling over silk walls...one is the difference in the surface...if you fill over a wall thats been rolled...then rub the filler down you will have a flat area.....putting another couple of coats of silk on will highlight it as the light will bounce off the flatter suface differently.

Its probably just down to the surface of the filler...as DIYisfun says just give it a couple of coats..

I would roll over the bad areas with a rad roller to get a bit of texture back into it.....then roll the whole lot.

apply unibond
How would this be different from pollyfilla?

as DIYisfun says just give it a couple of coats
This silk emulsion stinks. wouldn't it just be better to give it a coat of white matt?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back