Painting Preperation due to smoke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've just finished plastering the walls (not ceiling) in a bedroom and given all the walls and celing a paint of Dulux Pure brilliant white - Rich Matt for walls and ceilings.

The walls have come out very white and ready for my coloured paint but my ceiling seems to be much yellower than the walls - even after 2 coats - The previous owner DID used to smoke but not in this room - I guess this is still the reason?

What's the best thing for me to do now? Another coat of white or should I use something else? (I'm beginning to be tempted to just paint the walls with the final colour then it will be harder to notice the off white ceiling!)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
also, if I need to use some sort of sealer, could you recommend something from Wickes as I have one very local.

Thanks

Best stuff to use IMO, but thin it down a bit with white spirit, so it makes it easier for you roll.
Make sure you cover every inch of the ceiling with the U/C, next day emulsion as normal, and you will be very suprised at how white your ceiling looks. :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back