Painting/Staining Garage Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a double garage with 2 single up and over doors. I believe they are fibreglass. They have a "wood effect" on them which is very faded. The previous owner has attempted to rub them down and you can see he has removed quite a bit of what I would assume is the laquer?? My question is, I would like to re paint/stain them so what product would be the best to use?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL:

I find it amusing that you also posted this thread almost 12 months ago and foxhole also replied to you then.

Have you not re-painted them yet? :LOL:

Not yet, I wouldn't have asked otherwise. Didn't get round to doing it last year and forgot I had already asked. Coming to the time of year when I need to start to smarten things up. I appreciate the advice given but I forgot to add that I want to try and retain the wood look effect

Sponsored Links
Please don't take offence, I just found it amusing when I tried to look at your pictures.

There used to be a white coloured paint a number of years ago which you applied and then 'combed' the surface before it dried. When dry it produced a wood grain effect. Ask at your local diy store about it. Think it may have been Crown Paints but not sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back