painting stone

M

marsaday

My stone cills are all painted a cream colour. I am putting in a new window with a stone cill and this will need to be painted.

What do i need to do to make the paint absorb into the stone. do i simply paint or does it need priming?

Another think, can the current cill colour be matched at B&Q ? Do i just take down a thumbnail sized sample?

Sponsored Links
The sill could have a coat of masonry paint as a primer/ under coat and then can be glossed over the top. B&Q or any Dulux center can scan a small chip of paint from their database. Its no always that acurate though.

Best place to go is somewhere with a Crown scanning machine. Crown scanner is better than Dulux one, as Dulux scanner will only give you nearest match in one of thier own colours. Crown scanner actually replicates what it sees, and so giving you a perfect match to what is scanned. Needs to be at least an inch square tho, to fit over camera eye.

Sponsored Links
Having said that, Dulux do have about 18,000 colours , more than Crown. There is bound to be one near enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back