Painting up to plaster coving

B

Belrose

Hi Folks - hope you are all fit !

Any tips on getting a nice neat effect when painting up to white plaster coving (a little uneven in places) with coloured emulsion ? I wondered if carrying the white coving paint down the wall a bit and then drawing a line about one sixteenth of an inch below the coving and painting up to that would work ? I am not blessed with a steady hand.....

Cheers.
BELROSE

Sponsored Links
All depends if its a high cieling, then u could get away with the method you suggest.

I`ve been known to paint the wall colour onto the edge under the cove then obliterate it with the white on the face of cove ........above my head as I type ;) looks ok. to me :LOL:

Get yourself a good brush....dont overlaod it...take your time cutting in making a few passes at the line first working up to it..

And try not to holf your breath...it can make your hand shake

Sponsored Links
:) Thank you everyone for the tips ! Zampa - I don't think hold my breath but I stick my tongue out the side, does that count ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back