Painting wooden kitchen units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have very outdated kitchen units (pine wood) and would like to paint them a cream colour (or any other colour I wish) - is this possible?

If so, is there speical paint to use for wood? I DO NOT want to varnish them, I would like to paint the units. Any particular companies? Dulux, maybe?

Is there anything I should know?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mo

Sponsored Links
mo-bobat said:
I have very outdated kitchen units (pine wood) and would like to paint them a cream colour (or any other colour I wish) - is this possible?
I'm not a paint expert but my wife painted our utility room kitchen unit doors last year with Dulux undercoat then Gloss finish. Lightly rub down with wet & dry paper in warm soapy water and make sure the doors are grease free with white spirit.

Personally I think they look best if you spray pain them, done by a professional that is.

Otherwise I agree with masona. :)

Sponsored Links
I was advised by a cabinet maker to lightly sand the units and then use Farrow and Ball eggshell (available in gloss and silk) primer and paint these are available from homebase. I haven't tried it yet but have been told that you are left with a showroom finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back