Pallet of plasterboard price

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need 72 8’x4’ sheets of 12.5mm standard square edge plasterboard. That’s a nice full pallet I believe.

Best I can find online is £430. Anyone got any ideas on how I can better this?

Remember “tight b4stard” is my middle name.

Sponsored Links
need 72 8’x4’ sheets of 12.5mm standard square edge plasterboard. That’s a nice full pallet I believe.

Best I can find online is £430. Anyone got any ideas on how I can better this?

Remember “tight b4stard” is my middle name.
Is that £ 5.97 per sheet = £430/72 or a typo so £4.30 per sheet ? if the former, BQ is £6.40 less Trade Point or oldies discount on Wednesdays
litl

Sponsored Links
Play your local merchants against other :)

They will all want an order for a full pallet, its an easy order.

I’ll have a go with that. I’ll polish my brass neck.

Sadly builders merchants have a terrible lack of transparency on pricing. I suppose its the trade to retail separation.

Builders will get discounts set up on their trade account. For a full pallet you should get that rate.

Try ringing sheffield insulation or encon - both major players in the market of insulation and dry lining.

72 boards? Did you get planning permission for the exhibition and conference centre after all?

72 boards? Did you get planning permission for the exhibition and conference centre after all?
38sqm kitchen, 6.5sqm utility, 3.5sqm boot room, 2sqm bog.

My estimate was worked out on the back of a fag packet.... just like the rest of the build.

72 boards is about 207 m2.

Are you quadruple boarding for fire protection?

By my calcs, the wall and ceiling area is approx 170sqm.

You are indeed correct that a pallet of boards covers 207sqm...... with zero waste.

In fact I’ve got to board the outside face of the stud wall too. Add another 10sqm onto that.

Quantity surveyor is another string to my bow. Boarding virtually complete, just a few reveals with offcuts, 1 board left over. Boom!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back