Pallet wood - what stains & products would you use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks,

I'm building a pallet wood feature wall. I'm sanding all the planks down, so they're a clean light colour atm:

1680362116235.png

I'd like the final colour to be a touch darker, more like this:

1680362152437.png
1680362171293.png

Any recommendations of products & colours to try?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I bought a few different shades of Littlefair's water based stains, then mixed together a few of them, giving me about 8 different colours. I stained them before fitting them.

I dyed mine (colron wood dye)before assembly as wanted contrasting finish , then danish oil .
You could try medium oak to achieve the finish you are after .

Sponsored Links
I think I probably should have oiled them after staining, just stain leaves a rough surface that is a pain to keep dusted [not that my son ever dusts his bedroom, of course...].

I think I probably should have oiled them after staining, just stain leaves a rough surface that is a pain to keep dusted [not that my son ever dusts his bedroom, of course...].
I used spirit based dye , can be mixed with danish oil before applying Quicker too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back