Pan connector design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm curious about the design of pan connectors, could a plumber tell me if a toilet with a straight outlet (straight out through wall and into soil pipe) would be more efficient and a better toilet than one with say a 90 degree pan connector on the back. Looking at them the bend seems too tight as if solids would just hit the back of the bend and block, same with the swan neck and the 40mm offset, again very tight.

I'm not saying they don't work, just wondered what keeps them from blocking.

Sponsored Links
Water and gravity. Especially the water bit, since not all uses of the toilet involve solids, plus human waste is reasonably soluble

What about the 40mm offset?
Not the 20mm, this one I saw had such a narrow gap like a bottleneck, surely they must block with massive ****'s?

Sponsored Links
What about the 40mm offset?
Not the 20mm, this one I saw had such a narrow gap like a bottleneck, surely they must block with massive ****'s?
The narrow gap will help provide greater pressure from the water trying to push it through. Plus, your anus isn't that wide ;)

Its difficult to explain things on here without sounding crude but sometimes I'll drop a whopper and I can't help thinking it will catch on the tight 90 degree pan connector. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You must have some a**e to drop a 3" dia. sh** :eek:

If it can get around the trap in the toilet it will get through the 90 deg bend.

Its difficult to explain things on here without sounding crude but sometimes I'll drop a whopper and I can't help thinking it will catch on the tight 90 degree pan connector. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Do you not feel that you'd be better spending your time thinking about something else. You only have one life, after all :LOL: :LOL:

I'm told if you cough or sneeze mid strain it chops it off. :LOL:

Jayjay sometimes i wonder why i sit and think about plumbing things, but even i dont think about the shape of pan connectors or how a long or thick No:2 will get blocked in one :eek: c'mon there must be something better we can talk about
on the point of the offset bent pan connectors, how much further back (ie cistern nearer the wall) will fitting one allow the pan to go as opposed to an ordinary bent multikwik

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back