Pan connectors with vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-...with-vent-white-110mm/57535?_requestid=287909

Was hoping someone can give me a run down of where these should and shouldn't be used ?

This bodge job :
IMG_20161012_210716.jpg

Has lead to some drips and so I think I may need to cut the pipe back further to the wall and so there will be room for a flexi pan connector instead. Then just cap the old vent pipe.

Any feedback appreciated

Sponsored Links
Oh dear! Fernco couplers are made to fit over rigid pipes, not the soft fins of pan connectors or still less malleable lead.

In your situation I'd be tempted to slip a short offcut of 110mm soilpipe into the left half of the coupler and slacken off the right side, squeeze in "Sticks like Sh*t" (really!) and retighten gently.

A bodge, but there you go.
Otherwise renew all the way to the stack but then you'd have to find a way to connect to the 2" lead vent (which may or may not be needed anyway, tho someone was thought it was).

The pan connector you refer to is only suitable when used vertically.

This any better ?

IMG_20161017_170729.jpg
IMG_20161017_170734.jpg

Fitted an extra piece onto the pan to push the pipe out so there is now no bulge under the fernco coupler. No drips yet? Shall I test this or go straight for the sticks like sh1t ?

Sponsored Links
The only way you're going to do that properly IMO, is to take that old pipe back to the stack, and remove the vent completely. Fit a new junction and rigid pipe back through the wall to the appropriate point for a pan connector to fit properly.

Those rubber couplings, as polesapart has said, are for rigid pipework. That contraption I think, is a disaster waiting to happen....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back