pan on laminate???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to put down laminate in the bathroom but i want to know should i lay it and then mount the toilet pan on top and screw through or cut around the toilet pan.... the pan is not fitted yet.
i am using the green felt slabs as underlay.

:confused:

Sponsored Links
Will the additional height of the underlay and laminate cause problems with water and waste pipes??

If it doesn't or you are capable of overcoming these problems, then you will achieve better results by laying the flooring first.

It may be worth over drilling the holes through the laminate so the floor can stillfloat underneath (slightly) and only 'nip-up' the screws holding the wc pan down.

The less edges (cuts) in laminate in a damp environment the better.

I am in the process off refitting my bathroom so pipes and height not a problem but i was worried about the pan stopping any movement of the laminate thats why i asked the question.
when you say over drilling the laminate do you mean making a larger hole in the laminate say an inch ??
but wont the weight of the pan impede movement
:confused:

I've done a couple like this without problems. Better than a 10mm gap around!

The only time I've had problems with laminate is with laying on concrete floors (not direct, but on hardboard or ply) I think a concrete floor has a greater expansion/contraction effect and you have to be careful to allow enough expansion gap.

Good luck

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back