Panasonic lith ion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Does anyone out there have any views on the new panasonic lith ion drivers.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
The jury appears to be out on li-ion tools. Whereas the panasonic Nimh range, with the 3.5ah batteries are tried and trusted, and very good tools.

Thanks for reply. I had heard that the nimh panasonic gear was very good do you think it is equal in quality to makita, dewalt, hitachi...etc. Just was wondering because if i am going to start investing in good kit would rather get all the same make with same batteries, charger etc. Or do you think its different horses fordifferent courses???
Cheers.

Definitely more convenient to stick with same brand/voltage. Depends on your trade though, some brands don't do all the tools.
For example, Panasonic don't do a jigsaw as far as I know so if you're a chippy you'll be out of luck. If you intend to buy a mix of corded and cordless then you have a lot more freedom of choice.

Sponsored Links
Mostly used for general building. Already have a decent makita corded jigsaw which is all i need as not used very often. Have got by with basic 14.4v makita drill/driver but dropped it from a height too many times and it broke. Really though I want something for screwing with more power but light weight.

I have two cordelss drills, an 18V Makita Li-Ion and an 18V Hilti Ni-Mh.

After you've been using the makita for a few months, you start to think its brilliant. Powerful, lightweight, what more can you want. You start to use the hilti and it drives the screws in instantly, enough said.

So Disinfo you reckon Hilti over makita. Will look into whats about in my price range but may be a bit rich for me. Cheers

So Disinfo you reckon Hilti over makita. Will look into whats about in my price range but may be a bit rich for me. Cheers

Hilti definitely, they make all the others seem like bob the builder toys.

But...

They are very heavy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back