Panasonic Viera large screen TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought one of these second hand yesterday. It weights a tonne! Anyway, I have a few questions. First of all, is it wall mountable and will it require a very different support bracket to the typical wall mountable TVs?

But more importantly, I cannot understand the remote control.
I want to tune in the piped TV, and I click on menu, and it opens with the following options:
Viera,
Sound
Configuration

But it won't let me scroll down to select configuration. It is a very weird remote control.
Anyone got any advice!

Sponsored Links
Think, on these TV's you choose either stand or wall mount. wall mount ones use standard mounts.

Perhaps you need to tune it in first, click menu, then go to set-up, should be below sound, look for DVB Tuning Menu, this will retune.

Is the remote the original? says Panasonic... I have a non genuine one the controls are different than the original.

Depending on size, there are buttons either on the right hand side (42"), or flip panel under the front Panasonic logo (37")...

Starter for 10.

What model number have you bought?

I will check all of that. I believe it is a 42 inch. It has a stand, so I guess there is no option to wall mount in this instance.
When I get to the menu, it says
Viera
Sound
Configuration

Listed like that, but when I click the down arrow on the circle around the OK button nothing happens so it stays on Viera and won't move down through the menu.

It is a SONY RM-V20T remote control. I will check the model number of the TV now shortly

The TV is a
Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ80E
It has a stand attached to allow it to sit on a table. So I guess that means that it is NOT wall mountable.
I managed to tune in the piped TV on the TV itself thanks to the advice above. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Will be in the configuration section.

You need a cheap 'Panasonic' compatible remote from eBay, mine cost a fiver.
It does all the functions, just a slightly different layout.

They are good TV's, no one wants plasma now, but fed with HD sources they are great image quality.(y)

Are they wall mountable? Or does it depend on which model you choose? It weights 30kilos!!

You've got a Sony universal remote with the TV. Presumably someone lost or broke the original Panasonic remote.

To get to the tuning menus you'll probably need to have the set switched to the digital tuner and not on one of the AV inputs. The TV model number will be needed though as otherwise you're asking people to shoot in the dark.

Regarding wall mounting, much depends on the wall it is being mounted to. We hang metal radiators from walls, and then fill them with water. Hanging a 30 kilo TV isn't that much different so long as the wall can take the weight.

Last edited:
I think the part number for the remote is: N2QAYB000114.
And can be found here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=N2QAYB000114&_sacat=0

HOWEVER the manual says it is N2QAYB000239
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=N2QAYB000239&_sacat=0

And looking at the image here, the TV does not have easy fixings for wall hanging
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275286156664?

But the manual does show a wall bracket and part number - but not a stock/easy design. Perhaps best simply put on a shelf.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/648476/Panasonic-Viera-Th-42pz80e.html

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
This can be wall mounted.

TX_PX80.jpg

Because the bolt hole surrounds are bevelled inwards you'll need some spacer washers to fill the gap. Your bracket should only put pressure on the bolt mount points, and not across the back of the TV. Also be careful with the bolt lengths. Too long and they'll press on the back of the plasma glass panel and crack it.

You’ve jogged My memory, I used one like that I bought of ebay, to mount mine to the wall (wall version) mine didn’t have those caps as mentioned above.

The wall mount is ok, just not much adjustment. Think I paid about £15 back in the day.

good luck.

The Panasonic plasma predates VESA style bracket dimensions. Start with measuring the spacings between the centres of the bolt holes. (Take the plastic caps off first).

TX_PX80_2.jpg

The bracket you listed has maximum dimensions of (A) 600mm and (B) 400mm.

vesa_brkt_dims.jpg

You need to find one available in your country that fits the hole spacings for your TV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back