Panel Bolts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When you buy commercial DBs etc the casing tends to have nuts and bolts for you to lug an earth cable onto.
You often see them on busbars too.
There usually a silver finish,i assume coated with something, we need some 10mm x 25mm ones.
Anyone know what there called or made off please.

Sponsored Links
As far as I know they are just standard steel bolts. Certainly for busbars steel is the better option as brass bolts can not be done up as tightly as steel due to the soft metal shearing off.

if silvery, they might be BZP steel.

the thin plating prevents them going rusty in storage, but they will soon rust outdoors or in damp conditions.

You can use stainless, but it is inclined to seize through cold-welding unless you use a special anti-seize lube on the touching surfaces. Once seized, you will not be able to free them.

Sponsored Links

the thin plating prevents them going rusty in storage, but they will soon rust outdoors or in damp conditions.

You can use stainless, but it is inclined to seize through cold-welding unless you use a special anti-seize lube on the touching surfaces. Once seized, you will not be able to free them.

And don't even think of trying a small blow torch to try and free them off. I won't work.

Or check to see if they're tight.

When you buy commercial DBs etc the casing tends to have nuts and bolts for you to lug an earth cable onto.
You often see them on busbars too.
There usually a silver finish,i assume coated with something, we need some 10mm x 25mm ones.
Anyone know what there called or made off please.
I think they used to be Nickel plated steel [some very old are more like chromium] but these days they seem to be standard BZP steel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back