Panel LED light for bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I've no earth in the lighting circuits in my house. In the bathroom there is a fixed skylight that is 650mm by 650mm size.
Am I allowed to install a Panel LED there? Ideally something like a panel frame LED like this one:
upload_2022-1-24_10-9-47.png

If you have any other suggestions too, kindly let me know. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can do what you like but you should do it safely. If it needs and earth connection you must provide one.

You can do what you like but you should do it safely. If it needs and earth connection you must provide one.
This is what I was intending to know.
Are these LED lights allowed in bathrooms?
Do they need earth connection (as there is no earth cable available in my old wiring)?

Depends upon the ceiling height. Whether it needs an earth or not should be in the manufactures instructions.

Sponsored Links
most bathrooms are directly below a loft. Obviously not all.
You couldn't get a better place to add an earth wire.

However most LED panels have a two wire transformer and operate on low voltage/ELV for pedants.
Nothing to stop you having the transformer in the loft. no mains in the bathroom and the light powered by the transformer.

I have bought but not yet fitted an LED light for my bathroom to replace the Circular Dish type with frosted milk glass.
I chose to get an onside type due to things like steam - although I am sure a normal one would have been fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back