Panic stations!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday, I was trying to run a condense down through a worktop, which ended up behind a kitchen carcass.
Drilled a big enough (I thought) hole for my hand to get through to join an elbow and section of pipe onto, to bring it into the unit.
Promptly got my hand stuck! :eek:
Wedged in a kitchen unit, on my own, empty house; just a torch, pot of glue and junior hacksaw in reach.:eek::eek:

First thought... Don't panic!
Second thought... 127 hours!!

20 mins later I had managed to free myself with only slight degloving of my left wrist :sick::confused:

Any similar stories chaps?

Sponsored Links
Rule number 2: Don't go poking things where they don't belong!

Sponsored Links
Many years ago, my wife’s friend had a difficult birth and the afterbirth didn't come out in one piece so the obstetrician tried to quickly get the remainder out by hand before the cervix closed. He wasn’t quick enough and she heard the immortal words “she's got me". They had to cover her with a sheet and wheel the pair of them to another theatre to give her an injection or something to enable the cervix to relax. Very embarrassing for her but fairly common in that situation she was told.

Chap and his girl friend were skinny dipping in a lake, all their clothes and valuables locked in the car. Car keys also locked in the car.

had to smash a window.

I've often thought when working at home when everyone else is out "if this goes wrong I'm fxxcked".

Nowadays I leave all the dangerous stuff 'tll Sundays.

Luckily at work there's always people about!.

Its a bit like when you cut a pipe not realising its 'live' and the push-fit stopends are in the van.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back