panicking now..

Sponsored Links
How many utility bills or correspondence would one need plus a DOB to 'steal' an ID??

Abbey N say :-
Proving who you are is easy.

This is what we'll usually ask for:
Your name
Your address
Your date of birth
Your occupation

Perhaps too easy ...

In the light of a new day the whole thing may resolve innocently in a trice.

http://www.identity-theft.org.uk/who-can-help.htm
:)

DOB would easily be obtained from several sources so i wouldn't worry too much, you could always get hubby to change his details, I'm sure you would prefer him ten years younger ;)

Sponsored Links
1st of all
Toffee
check your system for a trojan ... as you will have one Im sure ...
go here read an download a trojan hunter ...

http://www.spywareremoversreview.com/?gclid=CMCb_ICI1YMCFRdeMAod7VAlpQ

run it an then reboot ... :)

I visit many sites on the net an go to some fantastic Blackhat group sites ...
Phantoms ...
has a good list /FAQs forum ,

what has happened too Toffee is a classic trojan scam ...

some spotty kid has left a trojan on her pc , he rings anony thru a dialer reverse shred proggie...
he says in a pakistani voice
"Im am from so an so , can you give basic info ..."

which she did .....

next week her "bank" will ring an ask her if she has an online account yet ?

she wont have !!!! Tofffee...Right ?

as she is the 10, 000,customer this week they will give her 12 months interest free online services , an if she keeps in credit no charges whatso ever ...something for nothing ...

they will ask her to log on to her bank address on the net ,they then stress to her never give out personal details on the phone an be wary about calls on info ,

she tell them about how some pakistani was calling last week etc ( she is hooked ... )

when she connects to the net , her browser is the home page , she goes to the bank url ...ok

but the trojan hijacks it to a popup that says

TOFFES BANK PLC
Hello Mrs Toffee
further to your call earlier please allow us to link you to our secure servers for you NEW ONLINE CREDIT CARD ..
please have your bank details , security codes passwords available ..
Thankyou ...

an the rest is history ... your account is emptied or your account has massive loans taken out on it on your home ...
then in a few days or a month ...the bank will contact you

this above is a very ...very easy con to do ... ...:( :( :(

its a nasty awful crime though ...
an can destroy families ...
as the banks dont just throw their hands up an say forget it ,

you are accused all the way ....

til NCIS /police scan your PC for your innocence ,

an then banks can still say you were negiligent in your use of the account ..an DEMAND REPAYMENT ... :( :(

my advice as I know some of the scams ,
never ever use a credit card online ...EVER ...!!!!!!!
never ever give personal details out ,online , on phone .. friends ..etc ..

Month ago received letter from scottish power thanking me for switching to them. Rang them back to say I hadn't. They informed me it was my son and said that any occupant of house aged 18 and over can change supplier .
My son said he had not authorised change. They said they had a record of telephone call. When checked it was somebody with an east european accent and he gave our correct address, my sons name , but got his birth date wrong. Two weeks later another supplier contacted us for the same reason with the same results.
Two weeks after that my son received a telephone call from a branch of his bank asking him to confirm his correct birth date as there was somebody with his name and address trying to open an account 300 miles away. Turns out he was east european and was arrested on the spot.
Apparrently all these events were connected as once they can obtain a bill from a power supplier it is quite easy to steal your identity.
The only thing that my son had lost was a copy of the old type driving licence
Just as an aside all this was reported to police and they have not even bothered to give us a crime number or a telephone call.
If I was you I would keep a close check on all bank transactions, but I must confess they were on the ball when the guy tried to open an account.

I've had loads of rubbish sales calls recently. Is it a pre requisite to have a scottish/ indian accent to phone me up and annoy me. Toffee, if that had happened to me I'd be p......d off, but its only a utility. Didn't know you had mains electric up there.

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

anobium
as you know .. from what I said

its so easy .... shocking easy ... :(

NCIS /Police are Sh*t hot on some ethnic groups as you mention ...

as they Scotland Yard have empowered a base in Bucharest!!

the UK police from hacked memos ,some very funny .. the UN dont like Scotland Yard being European ...lol...
even though we are european .. eh ... cos we are travelling to stop crime ..

as the next office is Sofia , Romania ... the nation like before

a nation of script kiddies /hakkor wanabies an No deterrent ... ...

what is Scottish power? Are they nasty like some people spout off here sometimes? is it a power company?....someone give me a clue?

Softus said:
What! Why, and how do you know?

Revolting, hostile, aggressive abuse by one of the drunks on here a couple of evenings ago

(my apologies if it is not caused by drink, but by mental illness)

Moz said:
JohnD
"one of the drunks"
is that me you refer to by chance ...lol :) :) :)

I believe....he was referring to my bowling partner...I have offered to take him "snipe" hunting as it is "bow" season and I need to practice my archery skills....would you like to come along? seems "B.D" likes to run.... :LOL: ;)

mlb3c
Oh shame thought it was me ...lol...lol...lol :)

to be honest ,

I had seen how toffee was posting things upsetting/goading the mods here
an she threatened to leave before she got banned ....
I think it was her choice to leave ...

shame really as she was a good sport/fun here ...

make sure you tip those arrows in poison ..lol...lol

Sponsored Links
Back