Panicking!!! Possible Asbestos exposure

As an apprentice electrical engineer i was working with asbestos in various forms without protection in most cases. I am still reasonably fit and healthy and a qualified asbestos handler. My training was back in the 60s so dont work yourswlf into a panic. As a previous poster said the removal firms blow things up out of proportion.

Sponsored Links
I take my hat off to all you asbestos removers. What a sterling service you provide. Thanks for all the sound advice you have given, my panic state has now subsided.

Just out of curiosity, any of you seen the film Session 9? It might be of interest to you guys :LOL:

Take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos

you will be reminded that asbestos is a natualy occuring mineral with very useful properties. It ocurs natuarly in water and air in certain parts of the UK.

The sensible money is on cronic exposure is risky, but Amanda's brief contact is of no significance.

back in the day they used to sell white asbestos as fake snow for christmas and i do believe that it was used as fake snow in the wizard of oz. general rule is pp3 mask and the more energy you put into removing it the more particles you will make air born double bag and then get shot of at appropriate place or ring for a collection.

Sponsored Links
Hi Amanda

The thing to be aware of is that your exposure level has been minimal (in the extreme) and the best advice that I can offer is that you put the experience down to lesson's learnt and move on with your life!

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back