Panoroof skylights - are they any good??

The Atlas rooflight I replaced it with was only 50% more expensive, and fully framed (unlike Panoroof).
I have no experience of Panoroof but your comment about not being fully framed seems to me to be 'very relevant'.

Sponsored Links
There is a reason builders like me use either Velux or Keylite.

Clue: It's not because they are cheap tat.(y)

Well the panoroof is a cheaper option granted. So far after 12 months they are fine.

I can see the potential problems with them if they fail, but cross fingers they will last a good 10 yrs at least. I am sure i will still be here as we have no intention of moving. I will update in 10 yrs then !!!

Sponsored Links
I installed my Panoroof (1200x1200) 2 years ago and it has been perfect so far.

I did consider what would happen if the glazing failed, and designed my fitment to accommodate this. Instead of the overall panoroof frame being glued or screwed from the top into the upstand below, I have an 18mm ply interior 'skirt' which is screwed to both the upstand and the frame from the inside face at about 150 centres, with torqx head screws so that they are not unsightly. I also put a layer of sealant between the frame and the upstand, but prevented this from adhering to the upstand by putting on a layer of clingfilm on the upstand first. The frame is felted with a short skirt that overlaps the roof felt upstand. If the rooflight fails, I just unscrew the top row of screws and lift out the rooflight frame and all, a new frame, felt skirt and window can be dropped on and screwed back on from inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back