papering over plastered walls

Sponsored Links
hi jake looks like no one wants to give us any advice today so we better assist each other,
i would say you need to seal the plaster so that it does not absorb all the moisture from the adhesive so i think you need to seal the wall with PVA bonding adhesive, not just adhesive and dilute as directed. i got a 5 litre tub from toolstation by asda minworth for a tenner. i have fresh plastered walls so i am painting them and i prepare with a mist coat of emulsion, watered down 25%. i ve asked if i can use vinyl matt emulsion but so far no replies but thats how it goes sometimes.
good luck with your job, terry

what preping do i need to do when wallpapering over new plastererd walls cheers

Make sure walls are dry first.

Dust off all areas.

Size walls with size.

Apply lining paper, then paper over, or.... skip the lining paper but it is best.

Sponsored Links
what preping do i need to do when wallpapering over new plastererd walls cheers

Make sure walls are dry first.

Dust off all areas.

Apply lining paper, then paper over, or.... skip the lining paper but it is best.

Size the walls with wallpaper size.

"Wallpaper size" comes in a packet,, costs around £2. 50 to £3.00,, made by Polycell. A packet normally allows you to make up 6 pints,, (read theinstructions). It is mixed with with clean, cold water. When you have mixed it up, just brush it onto the new plaster, then let it dry. You're now ready to paper the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back