Parking on plastic grass?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just got a piece for the back garden and the woman selling it says she has another piece the same.

With the right base (200mm of MOT?) could I park on it?

I use the full front garden to park but think the grass would break it up a bit.

48A7E36F-31E2-4B65-90A7-320139398C72.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Yeah, so long as no wheel spins (and try not to turn the wheels while stationary) I think you'll be OKish. Use lots of big nails to keep it in place, otherwise somebody will nick it.

My gut feel is it’s gonna get trashed. Can’t really think of a logical reason why though. The base the grass sits on will be critical, any give and the tyres will sink in/make an indent/distort the grass. I speak from absolutely no experience whatsoever in this issue (y)

Sponsored Links
Wouldn’t the tracks where your tyres will go just get totally worn and knackered pretty quick, even if you had a rock solid base?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back