Parkside reciprocating saws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I would like to warn anybody that was thinking of buying a Parkside reciprocating saw that they are not worth it at any price.

I bought one from Lidl on the basis that it looked the part and assuming that it is only used for rough work it would help my ageing arms. I was wrong.
The thing barely cuts, with any blade, and has a kick like a mule making it impossible to start at the right point or hold the blade on line. It takes twice the effort of a half decent hand saw and is far too heavy for sustained use.

I am aware that you only get what you pay for but in this case I didn't even get that.
If anyone knows where I can make an official complaint feel free to pass this on.

Sponsored Links
is the blade binding??
it shouldnt kick as the teeth will pull towards the base plate

I am sure mine is a Parkside one.

Seems to do the job with a good blade in.

Yes it does kick like mule though.

The blades you will have been supplied with will be useless. Have a look at some of the tool shops online and buy some decent blades ie. de-walt or bosch, buy the correct blade for what you are cutting.

Sponsored Links
Lenox 'fire and rescue' blades are what i used in a recip i used to own way back when, a multi purpose but they'll do various blades for specific jobs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back