Parkside wood turning lathe from Lidl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a cheapy from Lidl a few months ago to try my hand at wood turning, thought I can always return for refund if It’s cack or my effort's are unsuccessful .
Noticed a few defects with the setup and complained to Lidl , meanwhile fixed it myself and carried on turning .
I expected maybe a replacement part but a new unit turned up this afternoon.
Went shopping at Lidl and got a free multi bag of crisps and £2 off my shop .
Result !

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I missed the lathe offer!
I used to have lots of fun with a big one when I worked in a workshop.
Very versatile tool.
Then thinking about it, if I came back home with one more tool, my wife would probably make me sleep with it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
I got the Lidl lathe back in the the first or second lockdown after watching too many turning videos. :rolleyes:
I didn't really need it, but once in 1996, I could have done with making a spindle so thought it may be useful.

Anyway the main thing I never took account of is the sheer amount of chippings and dust it throws around. In a small congested garage it is a right pain. It really needs a good hood extractor/collector.

Anyhow, the main problem with my unit (I presume the latest one is similar) is that you can't fit a different chuck such as one with jaws, so it's a bit limited as to what you can turn, but despite all the lathing experts doubts, I think it was worth it for random use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back