Parquet floor adhesives:- small quantity required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings all, have read a few very helpful bits that have nearly got me on track, but as a complete novice at this blogging lark :oops: please help a nutter in need....!
We have removed a metal frame in a parquet floor that housed a doormat, we have spare blocks to fill the hole remaining, however, obtaining adhesive to do 1.3 sq metres of flooring is being a nightmare:- I don't believe that 8kg tubs are the only size available, is there anyone out there with a smaller quantity for my needs? The existing blocks are backed with tar, so I assume, but stand to be corrected, that it would be best to continue with the same.
Also, as I will be sanding and re-finishing the whole room, would anyone care to supply me with some appropriate sealant and wax to turn the whole thing into the masterpiece I hope for......?
In anticipation, thanks all.
The cider's are on me!!! :D

Sponsored Links
sikabond T54 in atube also most other manufacturers do one in a tube

Sika T54 is rather OTT for a job like this, more used for floorboard when there's UFH involved.

F.Ball B91 (the correct parquet adhesive for this job) 7.5 kg is around £ 20.00

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys- seem unable to find anyone locally to supply the necessary bits- anyone care to supply via courier. Please call 07740 621 226 to guide the inept!! :D

Sika T54 is rather OTT for a job like this, more used for floorboard when there's UFH involved.

however a sausage/tube of T54 is only about a fiver and would be enough for the small area cider has to fix

however a sausage/tube of T54 is only about a fiver and would be enough for the small area cider has to fix

Except to be precise Sika do not do T54 in a sausage or tube.

They have a similar product called T52FC or T2 in a sausage, even T2 in a 310cc cartridge but not T54
The other point is that many solvent and Silaine adhesives do not work well with "Tar" (Probably a bitumen residue) so you need to choose wisely.

It pains me to say it, I would (for once :eek: )agree with WoodYouLike and say F Ball B91 is probably the best choice for this job.

Your second question about floor finishes is well described here on the site if you look.
Many prefer Lacquers, others prefer Hardwax Oil, get some samples and do the research and you will not go far wrong.

TT

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back