Part P assessment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
finally gonna become part p registered... having to turn down too much work... anyway... who has done the assessment for it?

should be OK with it, but what exactly what do they look for? i know they want to see some examples of your work etc, so would it be best to show them something like a new circuit for a boiler etc? really, i want to keep it to something simple like this so there is less for them to pick up on (shouldnt be anything wrong anyway).

any advise for the assessments? (and yes, im aware i probably should have done this 2 years ago!)

Sponsored Links
thanx for the link. will contact them to find out exactly what they want to look at, but all they say is one job

Sponsored Links
Spark123 said:
Not seen you about for a while andy? How you keeping?

not too bad. surprised people actually remember me! (been gone for months and i still have a higher post count!)

lol, yeah I'm sure there are a lot of people about who remember you in a good sense. You going it alone full time?

Spark123 said:
lol, yeah I'm sure there are a lot of people about who remember you in a good sense. You going it alone full time?

not yet. have started my own company part time (with my dad). altho recently ive had to turn down a lot of jobs due to part p fee's (£100 ontop of a re-wire aint too bad, but £100 ontop of a kitchen socket is way OTT). now just need to get a (calibrated) tester and im ready to go! (hopefully)

and are the mods here still power mad and delete everything they 'think' is wrong and any threads to go with it? (i.e my leaving thread... wonder why/where that went.... :rolleyes: )

Andy

I'm with NAPIT - the assessor was really helpful there was no real dramas or nitpicking lots of questions on testing and interpreting results.
Isolation and verification of dead circuits as well - they let me join subject to assessment.
I went for broke and my assessment job was a full rewire/upgrade on a 50 yr old 4 bed house.
The only thing I was picked up for was having cooker cct on non RCD side as it had a socket outlet. I argued the point that for someone to plug in kit used outside they would have to go past an outside socket, through a conservatory with 2 sockets then through a door into the kitchen. I had to concede in the end with a warning notice on cooker switch saying not for use outside!!

I can understand where you are coming from re the part p fees, it is a joke for notifiable minor works.
You looking for a multifunction tester or singles? Was looking in Screwfix earlier, they have Megger stuff (sorry I am to Megger what JohnD is to RCBO) :D .
I think the mods still have their moments, generally they are more active in general discussion more than on the trade forums. At the end of the day I just look upon it as they can sometimes end up between a rock and a hard place!!

Spark123 said:
You looking for a multifunction tester or singles? Was looking in Screwfix earlier, they have Megger stuff (sorry I am to Megger what JohnD is to RCBO) :D .

atm i have some single testers, but gonna get a multifunction tester. saves havin to get the other 2 calibrated... had a look on that isswww.co.uk and looks like ill be gettin one from there. was thinkin of gettin the megger 1552. i have a few large jobs (re-wires) that i could go back to and show the assessor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back