Part P Cert work council properties

Do I hear you right your going on the competent persons scheme for ONE job!

Can't be you must be changing to domestic?
Or diversifying into that as well?

It cost me nigh on two grand to do and counting
Well it isn't going to cost gaz that much.

He is already a self-employed sparky, so it seems reasonable to assume that he already has the following:
  1. Appropriate qualifications
  2. Test equipment
  3. PLI
  4. PII
So "all" he will have to pay is the fee to the scheme organiser of his choice.

Sponsored Links
Putting it like that Martin it sounds crazy.
Like yourself im considering going back to the tools im already self employed and it seams to me that you can't do anything without being part of a contractors club even if the intention is good.

well mine has been to up date quals adding pat , inspection and test, and building regs only the 17th up date was mandatory the rest i think add to essential strands to skill set this cost a grand . Plus buying essential tools, i feel the more tools i buy the more i seen to need. Reg and insurance is a good 800 plus 150 on books that they say you have to possess. Plus advertising at 500 min.

As a spark for the council we carry out Periodics every 5 years strictly and if any work has been added since the last inspection or test and it wasnt notified then it get`s classed as DIY and is removed.
Minor works, I.E tennants own sockets/switches or even additions to an original cct are allowed but it is to our discretion if they stay or not.

Sponsored Links
I think things are getting better tho I was called up by am x boss and offered a desk job last friday 45k. Very nice, but i will keep my options open as i have set up and work is rolling in at the mo. There have been 3 months of no work while i crossed over. I kinda dont want to go back really because even he money is good, i have a thing bout going paye again. But aaah big desk dual screen, air con. Expen acc annual leave, stop. Lets see if a firm offer comes then weigh it all up. Good luck if you need any the forum and i are here to help.

I hope so martin Ive had no work this last 3 months i do have some work in January in Romania for 3 months commissioning paint shop conveyers.
So I think my swap over will have to wait ,Oh and I told the family member I couldn't do the job for them too risky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back