Part P question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an extension which was finished in 2003, building regs came out and wanted some minor building points sorted which are now finished. The local building regs are coming out to do the final inspection on the the building points raised. Does Part P apply to my extension as all the plans etc were passed in 2002/03???? :confused:

Sponsored Links
i'm pretty sure once building control grant permission its granted and new building regs cannot change its terms.

i'm not sure how long the permission is valid for but i think its measured in years.

Part P does not apply to this, so long as all electrical work was completed prior to April 2005

Sponsored Links
AIUI, the April 2005 cut-off was the end of the grace period for purely electrical work which had been let or started prior to Jan 1st.

AIUI, the general principle of Building Regulations is that once plans are approved, no changes to the regulations can be retroactively imposed, and that approval remains, as long as work has started or the approval has not lapsed.

hELP1 - who did the electrics? Are they safe and properly done? Were they tested and certified?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back