Part P regulations - kitchen and bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are a few jobs I'd like to do during a refurbishment which I believe fall outside of Part P regulations, but if they're covered, it wont be financially viable to get a professional to do.

1. Replace wiring in the kitchen to 2 sockets. It's pre existing so just involves running a new wire from the junction box

2. Replacing the shaver socket and internals in the bahtroom plus whilst I'm at it, also re-running this wire from the junction box

Can I do these tasks myself?

Sponsored Links
The work you describe sounds like it is notifiable under part p, there is nothing stopping you doing it yourself however it means you need to notify your LABC in advance and pay their fee, it is probably going to be cheaper to employ an electrician who can self certify tbh.

1. Replace wiring in the kitchen to 2 sockets. It's pre existing so just involves running a new wire from the junction box
Why are you replacing it?

What junction box? Is it accessible?

2. Replacing the shaver socket and internals in the bahtroom plus whilst I'm at it, also re-running this wire from the junction box
Ditto.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back