Part p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
was just looking into part p and from my underdstanding you DONT need C & G 2391 qualification, am i reading this correctly?

Sponsored Links
What are the symptoms of the electrical problem you're trying to solve?

not trying to solve any problem, just looking at the requirements for part p .

I believe initialy that all the schemes required a 2380/2381 and a 2391 but now just 2380/2381 but shortly to become (17th) 2392 either via update if you already have a 2381 or the full exam if you have a 2380 or nothing.
Best to check with each one of them though as to their actuall requirements and then make yer choice

Sponsored Links
dont understand how you can possibly sign off your own work without C & G 2391 qualification.

currently on c&g 2330 level 3 and planning on 17th then C & G 2391 qualification as my next step.

however a friend from college isnt going onto level 3 just wants his part p, so looking to see what his options are as this works in my favour (he can get all electrical work for a local builder if he can sign off which means i can help him and get experience :)

just done 17th and 2382, this enables me to work on electrical systems and apply for a part p which then enables me to sign off own work, without part p someone else will have to sign it off for u. 2392-10 will allow you to sign off others work and 2391-20 will allow you to periodically test and inspect installations

was just looking into part p and from my underdstanding you DONT need C & G 2391 qualification, am i reading this correctly?
Yes - legally you don't need any qualifications at all to work on fixed electrical cables or fixed electrical equipment located on the consumer’s side of the electricity supply meter, nor to be able to make reasonable provision shall in the design and installation of electrical installations in order to protect persons operating, maintaining or altering the installations from fire or injury.

[EDIT]Typo corrected[/EDIT]

not trying to solve any problem, just looking at the requirements for part p .
P1 Reasonable provision shall be made in the
design and installation of electrical installations
in order to protect persons operating,
maintaining or altering the installations from
fire or injury.

What's there to not understand? It is how it is.

ok im stupid and DONT understand

a colleague wishes to be able to sign off his own work by joining a niceic or the likes and after looking at website was a little confused as to the (if any) prequisites, from my understanding you needed certs 2382 & 2391 and now i think i was wrong you dont need any qualifications at all - pretty much anyone with a few spare quid can join the scheme and be allowed to sign off work.

hi, no. you will need 2382 to join a part p provider. they may also like to see something like an eal domestic installers scheme certificate.They will then come and assess your knowledge and a couple of jobs

ok im stupid and DONT understand
That's hardly an answer. :rolleyes:

a colleague wishes to be able to sign off his own work by joining a niceic or the likes and after looking at website was a little confused as to the (if any) prequisites
Which web site did your colleague find confusing?

from my understanding you needed certs 2382 & 2391 and now i think i was wrong you dont need any qualifications at all - pretty much anyone with a few spare quid can join the scheme and be allowed to sign off work.
OK. So what's the problem?

thanks "17thman" you cleared that up perfectly - nice to get straight forward answer - thnx very much :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back