Quick C&G Quali Question... Hopefully...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know its probably bn covered a million and one times already... but...

If someone gets 2381, 2391 and 2377 C&G qualifications, does that allow them to become a qulified electrican... IE no part P restrictions? and they can self certify??

Would be nice if someone could clear this one up for me..

Cheers

M.A.

Sponsored Links
MasterAbacus said:
If someone gets 2381, 2391 and 2377 C&G qualifications, does that allow them to become a qulified electrican... IE no part P restrictions? and they can self certify??

Would be nice if someone could clear this one up for me..

To be able to self certify, you need to register with a self certification scheme such as NICEIC/NAPIT etc. Having the above qualifications means you meet their requirements but you still have to be assessed before you can self certify.

The qualifications alone do not allow for self certification.

So in reality, getting the formetioned C&G quali means very little ???

Unless you register with a self cert scheme....

Getting the C&G qualifications allows you to register with a self cert scheme. Without them you wouldn't meet their entry criteria.

Sponsored Links
With those qualifications you MAY be able to persuade your loacal authority to accept EICs that you have done BUT you will have to pay their fees.

If u are a member of a scheme, you have to pay to join & be assessed but for each job its a small sum paid to the scheme to notify completion thru them.

Basicaly as I understand it then, Without them, you are restricted what you can do in your own home, due to the Part P Rules...

and with the C&G`s i mentioned your still restricted? Unless you further register on some scheme?

davy_owen_88 said:
Exactly. The only way to self certify compliance with Part P is to be registered with one of the 5 schemes.

At last I fully understand the whole thing now.... Thanks for the Quotes/replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back