part p

I guess the thought of mounting a possible 'legal challenge' to the council applied rules would be quite daunting to most of us into a little DIY, therefore we will probably follow the council line even though it is a little 'smokey' .... The 'Inspector' 'late' inclusion in the info is interesting though. .. Is that the glimmer of light from the council's office ?

And from the page end :-
We are pleased to announce that once again LABC Wessex have been able to agree a common set of charges across the region to give consistency to our customers. The nine LABC Wessex authorities are Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol City, Kennet DC, North Somerset, North Wiltshire DC, Salisbury DC, South Gloucestershire, Swindon BC and West Wiltshire DC.
I guess they may have a common rule interpretation too ...
P

Sponsored Links
Maybe all councils should send a member of staff on a four week course previously mentioned in this forum. Then they could all inspect without the need of a third party. And nobody will ever be electrocuted ever again.

This April deadline was for unaproved work started before january. If you already had building regs consent for whatever you are building then I still fancy that this does not suddenly expire because the regulations change after it was issued. If it said in December that your proposed extension satisfied building regs then it still does. And it included passing all your electrics according to the then exiting rules, which is to say none at all. So if I am correct in this your original building inspector may also have been correct. You would have until your building regs approval expired, couple of years, is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back