Part P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
If you are doing the work yourself you notify like you would if you were going to build an extension before you do the work

If a Part P sparks does the work, his controlling body notifies BC after the works complete.

Is this not just another way for these professional bodies to get more money?

Maybe, maybe not depends on you standpoint. It may mean that if you pay for electrical work you know your getting it done right, or as right as it will ever be.

As for minor DIY projects done by "competent" people, I'm sure BC takes a more sympathetic view that some of the posters on here ;)

SuperKat said:
As I read through this forum just about every post mentions Part P. I found an interesting link which explains what requires 'notification' and what does not: http://www.iee.org/publish/wireregs/wiringmatters/documents/Issue15/2005_15_summer_wiring_matters_part_p_notifications_to_building_control.pdf
That article was incorrect when it was published, and is even more wrong since the latest amendments to Part P.

My question is who can notify building control?
Anyone.

And what does the notification include?
A Building Notice or Full Plans Submission.

Is this not just another way for these professional bodies to get more money?
How much did you know about Part P before you went off and found that old IEE article?

The most recent version of my summary.
. .
. .
. .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back