Part P notification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Can someone give me a bit of information on part p notification.

Im reading up a lot on the different part p schemes and have read on the elecsa brouchure about notifiable work and its got me a litle confused??

It reads as "in general minor electrical works do not require notification providing they do not take place in what is referred to as a designated special location"

My question is if i were to do minor electrical works which isnt in a designated special location which is listed as non notifiable can i do this before being part p registered, this would be purely for freinds and family to gain me a litle more experience.

If this is the case do i need to fill out a list of the tests i do.

Thanks Ricky

ps:im not trying to cut corners im purely trying to find out what i can do to gain experience between the courses i am taking.

Sponsored Links
You can carry out work which is non-notifiable without notifying building control however you still need to comply with P1 of part P which states: "P1 Reasonable provision shall be made in the design and installation of electrical installations in order to protect persons operating, maintaining or altering the installations from fire or injury."
Probably the most recognised method of complying with P1 is to work to BS7671 (IEE regs). The IEE regs require work on the installation wiring i.e. new circuits, additions and alterations to be certified hence you need to issue certificates to this effect.
(New circuit are notifiable btw :cry: )
You'll still need to have a set of test instuments (calibrated) and is advisable to have PLI as a minimum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back