Partially laminating a kitchen floor due to washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are getting a new kitchen fitted next week and it will be a couple of weeks later before the lad doing the kitchen can return to do the laminate flooring.

Therefore

Can I laminate the area where the washing machine is going to be, plumb the w/m in and then when the joiner comes back he can use this laminate as a starting point?

This means I wont have to pull the w/m out and replumb it all back in when the laminate goes down.

The reason I ask is because the position of the w/m is such that I have to use a long water connection hose and double the length of drainage pipe to reach the drain / water connection, hence a royal pain in the ass to get in out.

Sponsored Links
no i would let him do it other options is 12mm ply to within 2" off the visible front edge
if you do it differently to the way he or the instructions dictate he can refuse to come back for problems
you should ask your floor layer what he thinks as your first port off call not a forum :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back