partition between shower and living room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there

Is there any thing i should be doing in regards to water proofing the stud wall ive just built between my bathroom and my living room.
im going to use aqua pannel around the show area, but was a bit worried about damp getting through the gap between the top of the bath and the aqua pannel (where the silicone beads goes). and showing up on the livingf room wall

a couple of ideas were.

1. too double board the wall, once with the green moisture resistant plaster board down to the floor, then again with aqua pannel down to the top of the bath.

2.put a plastic sheet dpm up on both sides of the stud work before boarding

3. both

and ideas will be much appreciated

cheers
jon

Sponsored Links
Forget the MR plasterboard, you should Aquapanel right down to the floor behind the bath; for belt & braces, you can tank it if you wish but not necessary IMO.

Do you have a loo in this bathroom? I assume you’re aware that constructing a new room with a loo is controlled building work, subject to Building Notice, several Building Regulations & inspection? There are regulations regarding waste runs, ventilation & electrics but another requires a minimum sound insulation between a loo & another habitable room (your lounge). This can be either Gyprock Soundblock MR in dry areas & Aqupanel (which meets the standard) in wet areas + a minimum of 25mm mineral wool insulation inside the stud (I use cavity bats).

Before you start tiling, read the Tiling Forum sticky & archive posts, it may prevent you making potentially disastrous & potentially expensive mistakes in preparation & your choice of tiling materials. Use only quality trade products, cheap own brand & DIY products are mostly crap.

cheers richard

Gyprock Soundblock MR sounds perfect
all the work is being done with planning and buiding control
i built 60% of my last house and am currently finishing off my seconed build, learning as i go.
luckily i did lots of research when i tiles my last bathroom, so am pretty clued up on that, it was only that fact that last time my bath was against an external wall but this time its againts stud work that got me stumped

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back