Parts for Ring Lighting Co. eyeball spotlights?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a source for parts for Ring Lighting Co. 63mm eyeball spotlights.

The Ring website doesn't sell parts afaik.

Taking them down to paint the ceiling, the plastic retaining clips have snapped as they're brittle through years of being heated.

A whole new set of lights seems expensive just to replace these parts when they should only come to a few pounds.

Is there a place to obtain the retaining clips?

Sponsored Links
Any chance of a photo? so we can help with saying what you need. Generally I'd go for new and not Ring - they are not known for their quality - cheapest possible produced for the "sheds"

Can't find a decent pic online showing the brackets.

I suspect you're probably right - replacing with more substantial units is possibly the way to go. Hadn't planned to fork out for it though as we're just 'making good' as we plan to sell in the next year or two, so it just needs to be cosmetically good.

Poor show perhaps, but there's plenty of making good to do and not so much cash to do it. We only went with those in the first place because they matched the old ones and it was easier to throw up new lights than to change it and patch up the ceiling.

Are we talking about

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.pl?PID=732473&query= ring lighting eyeball&path=256174 ??

If so, they are GU10 bulbs and I'd imagine standard metal wire spring clips would do- That's assuming you mean that the originals came with a plastic clip to hold the lamp in.

If your taling about the main body clips that hold the whole fitting in the ceiling then I've no idea.

If your good with a pair of pliers, I'd have a go at making clips out of a wire coat hanger. Make a C shape with 2 x flat 5mm ends.

Sponsored Links
Chris, from what the OP wrote, I guess he means R63 fittings. These may have plastic clips which snap with heat/age.

Could take one down and try a wholesaler to see. Some stock spare clips, some have a few knocking around.

WF are usually quite helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back