Parts required Unvented system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a Worcester 40CDI system only boiler with an Ariston Classico 300L unvented tank, the house is very large and will have around 200m of 22mm copper pipe and 20 rads in the radiator loop (Total of 110k btu).

The questions are...

1) I'm fitting 2 Wilo gold 6 mtr head pumps together, will this do thwe job or will I need a light commercial Danfos pump ?

2) Do I need a balancing valve on the tank ? (I notice that the Range pre-plumbed range have one)

3) I need a twin port motorized valve on both the central heating and the water system ? Yes or no ?

4) I need an air eliminator on the tank ? Yes

5) I need an Automatic Bypass valve on the tank ? Yes

6) I need a one way check valve on the mains water in prior to the expansion vessel ? Yes

Which of these parts come with the Ariston as I can't find the details on the net anywhere.

Cheers Matt

Sponsored Links
Unvented cylinders are potentially very dangerous and should only be installed by someone who has the "unvented ticket" to show they've undergone a short training course. All the necessary components will come with the unvented cylinder and there will be detailed instructions, but you really need to understand the principles to assemble it all safely. Besides which unvented cylinder installations are a "controlled service" under G3 of the Building Regulations. You should first make an application (and pay a fee) to your local Building Control.

That's a good website !

Thanks for the warning, Its not that I'm following the spec its just that I'm buying the parts for a more qualified person (who I can't get hold of and is turning up tomorrow hence I need the parts to be there for him)

Cheers M

Mr_Rossy said:
I'm buying the parts for a more qualified person (who I can't get hold of and is turning up tomorrow hence I need the parts to be there for him)
You'd be foolish to get involved with someone so unprofessional and incompetent as to leave to you to supply all the parts without even specifying what they are! Make your excuses and run.

Sponsored Links
hes fitting it himself and wants guidance. i think you have been guided in the best way....get a "unvented ticket".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back