Party wall act, retaining wall (very) near boundary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on building a 0.8m high retaining wall 100mm back from my boundary.

I am going to take the fence down first (which is mine), and replace it after the wall is done. I'll bolt the fence posts to the wall. If I didnt take the fence down, they wouldn't know it was there.

I don't think I need to serve a line junction or party wall notice because:

The foundation will only be 300mm deep, and next door's house foundations are a lot deeper
No part of the wall or its foundation is over or even "up against the boundary", only very near it.

Can I just crack on, or do I need to serve a notice?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm planning on building a 0.8m high retaining wall 100mm back from my boundary.

I am going to take the fence down first (which is mine), and replace it after the wall is done. I'll bolt the fence posts to the wall. If I didnt take the fence down, they wouldn't know it was there.

I don't think I need to serve a line junction or party wall notice because:

The foundation will only be 300mm deep, and next door's house foundations are a lot deeper
No part of the wall or its foundation is over or even "up against the boundary", only very near it.

Can I just crack on, or do I need to serve a notice?

Thanks
From memory yes you should be OK.

It’s not covered by the party wall act, but you may like to consider how to stop your neighbours garden ending up in yours whilst you build the wall (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back